Congratulations on graduating from one of the leading universities in Asia!
Welcome you to the HKUST alumni community with over 63,395 members around the globe.
Development and Alumni Office strives to keep our alumni connected with each other and also with the University. By offering networking and value-added opportunities, we aspire to engage our alumni at each stage in their life, as well as facilitating mutual support and sharing within the HKUST community.
Below are a few things you may want to know:
- The @connect account will become your alumni ID that allows you to get access to free WiFi service on campus, keep track of the latest happenings and important messages from the University and look up your profile online. You are also encouraged to apply for a lifelong alumni alias that will showcase your prestige. Please visit here for details on accessing to WiFi service on campus.
- For student email user (@stu.ust.hk), once your graduation status is approved by Academic Registry (ARO), you will receive an email from HKUST advising the expiry of this student email. The University will normally maintain your student email account for 4 more months. You are thus advised to apply for a lifelong @connect account and @alumni alias .
- Further details on Alumni Email
- You can login with your alumni ID (@connect or @alumni) to check out the latest job openings from a wide array of companies as referred by Schools/Departments for our graduates on the job board.
- Upon request by the companies/HKUST departments, job posting details will also be sent by email to targeted alumni group.
- The Joint Institution Job Information System (JIJIS) is also made available to fresh graduates. Simply use your @connect or @stu.ust.hk account to access www.jijis.org.hk anytime within a year upon graduation.
- Further details on Career Resources
- The University-wide congregation will normally be held in November. You will receive details about the ceremony in advance by email. So make sure you are stayed connected with us via email.
- Further details on Congregation
Alumni Library Services
- Starting from May 9, 2016, alumni are requested to bring your library cards to get access to the library. Alumni could apply for a Reader's Card at no cost or a Borrower's Card with an annual fee of HK$100. The first year's fee is waived for HKUST Alumni Association members and HKUST BOC Alumni Credit Card holders. Know more about this new access policy.
- Only during summer and winter breaks, outsiders may be allowed to enter the Library if they provide personal information. The access to Learning Commons after the Library closes will be strictly restricted to current HKUST students and staff only. Please check out the library hours.
- Alumni e-Resources
The service provides access to selected databases at a cost recovery annual subscription fee. A 20% discount off the subscription fee is offered to HKUST Alumni Association members and HKUST BOC Alumni Credit Card holders (embossed with ‘Graduate’). Please be reminded that you can still enjoy the library services using your student login before your student identity expires.
- Further details on alumni library services
Are you moving?
- Make your transition easier with our Relocation Program. Simply fill in the form and we will link you up with a friendly alumni Relocation Host in the area you will soon be moving to. Our alumni are scattering around the globe.
- The host can share with information around your neighborhoods and give you some useful tips in living in the area.
We wish you all the best as you unfold your new chapter in life, and look forward to staying in touch with you!